What’s it like to be a singer on a cruise ship? Cruise ship singers are talented performers. They bring joy and entertainment to guests as they sail the high seas. In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the life of a cruise ship singer, from the daily routine to the challenges and rewards of the job.
Singing on the Seas: The Life of a cruise ship singer
Entertainment is very important for cruise passengers. They expect high-quality and diverse shows every night. Cruise ship singers perform on board a cruise ship as part of the entertainment team. They are professional vocalists. They have to deliver attractive and memorable performances. Their job requires them to deliver performances that suit the tastes and likes of different audiences. You can hear them usually sing in various shows, such as musicals, cabarets, tribute acts, or themed nights. They also sing in lounges, bars, or other venues on the ship.
Cruise ship singers’ life on a cruise ship
What is it like to live and work on a cruise ship? Cruise ship singers usually share a cabin with another crew member. Or sometimes, they have their own cabin if they are part of the guest entertainer program. They can access crew facilities such as dining rooms, lounges, gyms, pools, or internet cafes on cruise ships. They also get to enjoy some guest privileges, such as using guest areas or going ashore when they are off duty.
However, they also have to follow certain rules and regulations on board. For example:
- They have to wear uniforms or name tags when working or in public areas
- They have to respect curfews or alcohol limits
- They have to attend safety drills or meetings
- They have to avoid mingling with guests or other crew members
The community and camaraderie among crew members
Cruise ship singers meet people from different countries, backgrounds, and professions. They often form close bonds and friendships with their colleagues. They also support each other through challenges and celebrate each other’s achievements.
Challenges and rewards
It’s not simple work being a singer on a cruise liner. Here are a few of the difficulties they deal with.
- Working long hours and having irregular sleep patterns
- Dealing with seasickness, jet lag, or isolation
- Coping with stress, pressure, or criticism
- Maintaining vocal health and avoiding injuries
- Balancing work and personal life
However, there are also many rewards and benefits of being a cruise ship singer, such as:
- Traveling to different places and cultures
- Meeting new people and making friends
- Developing new skills and gaining experience
- Having fun and enjoying their passion
- Earning a good income and saving money
Jobs and cruise ship singer salary
How much do cruise ship singers make? It depends on several factors, such as:
- The cruise line and the ship they work for
- The type and number of shows they perform
- Their experience and reputation
- Their contract and benefits
A cruise ship singer usually earns between $2,000 to $3,300 per month.
How can you become a cruise ship singer?
If you want to become a cruise ship singer, you must follow these steps.
- Attend cruise ship singer auditions or an agency that hires cruise ship entertainers.
- Prepare a demo reel or video that showcases your vocal range, style, and personality.
- Have a resume highlighting your education, training, and experience in singing.
Before being hired, you may need to pass a physical exam and background check. Once you land the job, you’ll sign a contract that outlines your salary, benefits, and other terms of employment.
Being a cruise ship singer is a unique and exciting career. These performers bring their talent and passion to the stage every day. They delight guests with their music. Their job has challenges, and it also offers many rewards. If you love music and adventure, becoming a cruise ship singer will be your dream coming true.